I am a transplanted New Yorker. And like all transplanted New Yorkers, we love to kvetch about how LA doesn’t measure up to our gritty, crowded, bagel-laden homeland.
Well, the holiday season is the perfect time for us and our "ilk" (i.e. Chicago natives, Ohio natives and the occasional Philadelphian…) to amp up our complaints; "There's no snow." "There are no seasons..." "the pizza sucks…"(our favorite complaint…)
But maybe it’s not so bad. I mean, when you look around, there are some really great things to love about Los Angeles over the holiday season. For example:
1. Out-of-work actors = A better class of Santa. When our Santa’s say “Ho, Ho, Ho…” you believe it.
2. Thanks to the miracle of plastic surgery, whatever gift you give, the recipient always looks happy and surprised.
3. Mistletoe is more effective when hung over the hot tub.
4. Chihuauas are the new Reindeer.
5. Because permit parking is never suspended, your guests can't overstay their welcome.
6. No snow days. The kids are in school…every…single…day.
7. Rehab Christmas parties rock.
8. No slush to ruin your Jimmy Choos.
9. Drunk Driving is "relative."
10. When you’re a transplanted New Yorker…your family isn’t around. Finally...a Merry Christmas.☺
I hope you and your family have a very Happy Holidays,
Sarah @ Mommy Lite